Welcome to our website and welcome to my philosophy of life. If you’re quite new to my website and you’re trying to find some gems of wisdom, then you’re in the right place.
Aspirational Living encourages others to ‘Take Control, Design Your Life and Invest In You!’
I’m of the opinion that investment can be made in a variety of ways but, at AL we see investment as being an inside job. By making conscious decisions and living mindfully you can really make a difference to your health and well-being and can go onto live a life you love.
Here are my 10 key tips for living a healthier & happier life:
- HYDRATE YOUR BODY & EAT WELL – I’ve learned over time that looking after yourself is the key to optimum levels of health and wellbeing. The phrase, ‘You are what you eat,’ is so true and that’s why eating the right food is vital to ensure you not only look good but, feel good too. It may seem simple but, keeping your body hydrated by drinking 8 glasses of water everyday makes such a difference and will leave you feeling hydrated, alert and full of energy. If you’re about to embark on a personal transformation journey then this is the first step.
- FIND YOUR PURPOSE – So many others have never given themselves permission to take time out to reflect on what it is they want or need in their life. I encourage others to do this on a regular basis, it’s important to put yourself at the forefront of your own life. Once you understand this, you’ll feel equipped to make decisions about what you want or need from the relationships around you; from your partner, from your work and from life in general. Once you know this, you can start focussing on finding your purpose in life. The big question I ask everyone is to ask themselves is, ‘Who am I and what do I want/need in my life?’
- EMBED MINDFULNESS INTO YOUR DAILY LIFE – Mindfulness is the difference that makes the difference. It encourages you to understand your mind and body and connect with it regularly. It helps you to understand how to manage your thoughts, feelings, emotions and behaviours and it helps you to identify new thought patterns and adopt techniques that serve you well. In doing this, you feel more in control and ready to live life the conscious way!
- CREATE SOME WHITE SPACE – White space is the term I use for finding time to relax and creating the environment to help you think clearly. It is about taking the time to relax, re-energise and rejuvenate, we live in such a fast-paced world that it’s vital to give your body and mind the time to recharge. I’ve had most of my ‘A-ha moments,’ during my periods of whitespace, it enables you to find the clarity and focus you need.
- ALWAYS FIND TIME FOR GRATITUDE – This practice is embedded into Mindfulness and it encourages us to seek out the things we are grateful for in life. We all have so many things to be grateful for; a roof over our heads, the food on our table, the family and friends we have surrounding us and the support network we have and so much more. Being grateful in life encourages us to see the world differently, it can change our perspective and outlook and increases our levels of well-being and happiness.
- FINDING PLEASURE IN THE SIMPLE THINGS – Being grateful is not only about appreciating the bigger things in life but, more importantly, the everyday, simpler things – like a blue sky, a beautiful view, the sun shining on your face. Simple living is something I live and breathe on a daily basis, simple living can mean so many different things to different people. Simple living means finding pleasure in the food we eat daily, finding pleasure in going for a walk, spending time with family and friends, making memories and ridding myself of the need to buy expensive materialistic goods. Simple living means being outdoors and being happy with my lot, once you make this lifestyle change, your happiness levels will most definitely increase.
- MAKE EVERYDAY COUNT – ADOPT A ‘YOLO’ ATTITUDE – We all know that we only live once so important to make sure in this life you achieve, do and see everything you want to. Life is an adventure and I truly believe that you can do anything you put your mind to. Knowing that every day is different and everyday has the opportunity for something great to happen, whether that’s anew memory to be created or something new be achieved, whatever it is knowing that for me gets me out of bed every single day. So make every day count and adopt a YOLO attitude.
- SERVE OTHERS – We have the opportunity in life to give back and serve others yet so many of us get consumed in our own lives that we forget to give to others. This can be in many different forms and there is no right or wrong way to do this. The very act of giving not only benefits others but, it boosts your own happiness and well-being levels too so that’s a win-win.
- ACCESS SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT – There are times in life when we can all feel pulled out of shape by life, whether this is due to a bereavement, health issues, relationship or money problems or something else. It’s times like this when we can enter into that spiral of negativity and it can be hard to find the motivation to reach out to others. But, by accessing the right support for you can really make a difference, whether that’s counselling, advice from a healthcare professional, CBT therapy, holistic practices and/or support from a coach. Whatever it is access support as and when you need as this will help you to get your life back on track and start living a life you love.
- TAKE CONTROL, DESIGN A LIFE YOU LOVE & LIVE LIFE THE CONSCIOUS WAY – I’m a firm believer that the only way you’ll get to live a life you love is by taking action. Taking action to make a change, taking action to seek support or taking action to start thinking about what you want in life. It’s important to design a life you love so that you can start working towards your goals and plans and start making it happen and the decisions you make are crucial in moving you towards this. So start taking action and living life the conscious way!