As part of our healthier eating plan, we’ve been experimenting in the kitchen and we stumbled across a recipe for ‘Healthy strawberry cookies,’ but, we found they were a little bland, so we made our own version.
I’m no bake or cook but, I do love experimenting, these strawberry oatmeal cookies are delicious and they’re great for both breakfast and a snack during the day.
They’re a combination of healthy and sweet, the perfect duo. They’re soft and chewy and they taste delicious. They’re a great filler up!
Quick & easy way to make them
Add in 2 cups of rolled oats, add 2-3 ice-cream scoops of peanut butter, add half a box of strawberries (cut them into small pieces first) and then add 2 eggs. Lastly, add a few squeezes of golden syrup.
There you have it, the perfect combo of healthy & sweet!
· Rolled oats– Gives the cookies the chewy texture. If you’re feeling extra healthy you could opt to use gluten free rolled oats, to keep them gluten free.
· Peanut butter– Just because peanut butter tastes sooo good. You can also use almond butter or cashew butter.
· Golden syrup– This helps to hold the ingredients together and it also adds a little sweetness
· Strawberries– Chop the strawberries finely, so they are evenly dispersed within the cookies.
· Chocolate Chips– I used a mix of white & milk chocolate but, that’s your choice
· Step 1: Preheat the oven to 175C/350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper
· Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients, one at a time. It doesn’t really matter in which order
· Step 3: Form as many small balls of cookie dough as you can, doesn’t really matter on size but, make sure they’re all the same size and check on them half way through. Place each ball on the lined tray or cookie sheet and press each one in a cookie shape. Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes, or until golden on the edges, if you need a little more cooking time, that’s fine too.
· Step 4: Allow the cookies to cool on the tray/sheet for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
A few notes:
1. Don’t overcook them or they’ll go hard
2. Always set a timer I’m always getting caught out
3. You can use frozen strawberries but fresh works better
4. You can add in different ingredients including blueberries, raspberries etc. Enjoy experimenting!